We like to do these every so often to share what we've learned and make sure that you have the most up to date info and examples of SP being installed on the latest releases...
In this post, we are going to focus on three simple steps for installing Sole Protector Plus+™ without heat - the 2017 Air Jordan  XII “Playoff” Low(s)..
The three steps involved in the process are:
1: Aligning the material
2: Molding the material
3: Inspecting and securing the material
For prep you simply want to do a few things:
- Clean the sole with warm water and soap or you can use a shoe cleaner that you trust - we of course recommend our green clean but there are others that do an excellent job as well..
- Wipe the sole dry - the cleaner and drier the surface the better SP Plus+ will stick..
- Have your SP Plus+ ready..
- Find a good place to do the install - even, flat surfaces work well..
- Set the shoe firmly in place to minimize unnecessary movements..
It’s really as easy as 1-2-3 on soles that have simple and straightforward designs..
- Take your time and pick up the material from both ends and place it on the shoe.
- Once you have it set - press firmly and mold the material into the grooves and sides.
- Inspect and make sure all the material is secure against the sole. Go around the edges a final time to make sure they are sealed around the entire sole.
Check out your results..
Things to remember
- The material will be sticky but don't be afraid to reposition it to your liking...
- There's no need to rush - worse case just start over, the glue isn't going anywhere
- If the material is a bit stiffer than you would like - a little heat will help.. Please refer to our “Working With SP Plus+ And Heat” guide for more instructions..
-We like to let units sit over night to get the best seal
-We also like to test at home or at the office to make sure nothing was missed or loose after install.. if you find loose material simply re-seal and let it sit.
We rely on your feedback so please let us know what we can do to help..
Thanks for watching and #KeepYourSoleClean...